RRL 9.69% $1.73 regis resources limited

Jogo I agree that this ought to be the expected outcome from a...

1. 11,119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 627
    Jogo

I agree that this ought to be the expected outcome from a higher gold price.

I will keep some RRL shares for a trade in a rising gold price environmnt, after all there are not a lot of goldie producers listed on the ASX to select, all of which have their individual issues and I like to diversify risks.

RSG is an obvious candidate to benefit from a significantly higher USD POG. At present its a bit of a basket case.

ASIC is not an adequate measure of gold miner profitability - a better measure is all in costs. buts its hard/impossible to figure out what that might be for a goldie over an extended period, say 10 years, especially since mine life various across the various assets of the goldies, costs vary, and they do not publish guidelines on their long term capex and exploration costs. So it generally seems best to trade the goldies given this and the variability of the gold price. However there have been exceptions to this - eg buying NST and SAR in late 2014 and just hanging on until the most recent peak in 2020 - but one would need a lot of fortitude and very good insight, or just plain luck.

loki

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.73
Change
-0.185(9.69%)
Mkt cap ! $1.302B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.79 $1.82 $1.72 $18.97M 10.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 73866 $1.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.73 76752 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.