underbelly in melbourne, page-10

1. 2,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    Blue murder was 3 times as good as this.

The casting in Underbelly was often ludicrous and the script was crap.

Martin sackville as a mafia money lender Hah! People wouldn't have paid him back at all let alone with interest he was so un-intimidating!

The Moran dad was a serious heavy with 2 tough sons and they had a sad-sack soft XXXX off neigbors play him and he never hardened up.

Even the italian bloke didn't get near that Gangitano bloke who in real life had some charisma and menace.

Lucky a lot of these blokes were dead.

The little Benny character was about the best.

Contrast that with Neddy and Roger and the boys in Blue Murder and the number of quotable quotes! "Can anything be done, Roger?" "...and I should know everything" "Cash, bash and the gash", "Has anyone else got the greeen light? We killed all the rest." "Neddy Smith and Abo Henry - remember the names" Warren Lan Franchi driving "around and around" "He was nervous and agitated..."

That great scene with the salvoes playing outside Drury's house. The robbers jumping in the boot of the cop car.

The chilling scene on the boat "Mal forgot the bait..." "Don't do it to Neddy..." "See you later..."
    Christopher Dale "what do they call you, renta something?" Flannery.

Black Angus "you're a XXXXkicker and I'm busy" Sneering to Drury "You're not a strong person, you're a weak person"

The seemlessness between the actors and the real Roger and Sally Ann on A Current Affair. The tone of the relationship between Neddy and Roger just seemed so believable - it was Roger in that bloody HQ trying to run Neddy down.

What single line can you remember from Underbelly? If they do underbelly 2, they need to script and cast it a lot better.

I wonder if the ABC shop still sells it as a DVD?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.