BHP 3.18% $44.74 bhp group limited

Underground going electric, page-10

1. 2,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 913
    the recharge rates are a real issue with any large format vehicle wether that's for mining equipment, planes, ships, electric bushmasters etc. No one doubts that having no fumes underground is a massive benefit for OH+S etc however it's the practicalities of charge times and where and how the batteries are charged that is the issue. Same benefits/problems get raised with military equipment... noise, vibration and heat reduction are ALL critical benefits however charge times and storage of extra batteries plus where and when and how recharging happens is a recurring concern. Lots is happening at the moment with critical infrastructure and military needs, quite a bit of that will feed back into civilian use and it would seem an obvious link to see battlefield requirements pave a way for a transition to mining equipment. Tanks and Tractors have some common ancestry...

At some point those challenges will be overcome, it is inevitable that power changes to cleaner and more renewable sources just a question of when rather than why. In recent years I've often thought of my Great-Great Grandfather, he had one of the first cars in Australia and I've often wondered how and where he refuelled it?? People must have thought that cars would never take off as you couldn't just take them to a paddock for food or a creek for water etc like a horse but fast forward to now and not many people own a horse anymore. change will always occur, just need to hop over a couple of hurdles first

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.