IFN 0.00% 93.0¢ infigen energy

The 2 funds that have a significant investment are: The Kairos...

1. 5,658 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 548
    The 2 funds that have a significant investment are: The Kairos fund, The Children's Investment Fund (UK). They hold about 25%.

At the Extraordinary general meeting the undertone seemed to be that these investors would like to see some sales and realisation.

I think they see it easier to make quick money. The issue is once you sell USA and European assets I cannot see that the Aussie business will have critical mass so in fact what they seem to be implying is that they wouldn't mind a big pay day.

This then IMO leaves longer term investors wondering if this is a good investment and the short term players are in and out. The share Price also precludes the day traders.

This is one that I hold but at times I don't know why. The gearing is high but the tax based USA operations mean that the tax savings help repay a portion of the debt. The return is only 9c and its not franked so in fact on 128c its low. The reason is that the cash flow is needed to service and pay down debt. The BNB connection does not help.

If I knew it was not going to be a slow sell off of assets than I would be more positive. The other thing is that they need to generate income in USA to pay off debt via tax savings schemes. I have done the numbers a few times and it seems that it will pay off. In reality there is no appetite to invest further without someone buying in and Origin has seemed to indicate its going another route so that leaves the cupboard bare.

I hold it because I think I can sit on it and over time it should slowly regenerate itself and as the need arises for more renewable energy something will happen.

Do your own research before taking any investment decision. I have been wrong many times before and will be wrong again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IFN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.