AC8 0.00% 4.0¢ auscann group holdings ltd

Understanding Australian Licenses

1. 296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    It seems that every time a licence announcement is made, different terminology is used as to what the licence is called, and what it allows. On top of that, there is a distinction between licences and permits. It is a bit confusing, so I've done a little research and attempted to make a list of the available licenses and what they're for.

Cultivation and Production Licences (source)

▪ Cultivation includes all steps up to, but not including, harvest.
    ▪ Production consists of harvest and placing in a container for the purpose of manufacture or research.
    Licences:
    ▪ Cultivation-only Licence
    ▪ Cultivation and Production Licence

Research Licences (source)
    Licences:
    ▪ Cannabis Research Licence
    ▪ Medicinal Cannabis Research Licence

Manufacturing Licences (source)
    Licences:
    ▪ Medicinal Cannabis Manufacture Licence (cultivation and production of cannabis and cannabis resin)
    ▪ Manufacture Licence (extraction of cannabis and/or cannabis resin)

Import and Export Licences (import source)
    Licences:
    ▪ Import Licence
    ▪ Export Licence (proposed)

AusCann's Licence News

▪ [23/02/2017] Government to Facilitate Faster Access to Medical Cannabis
    They don't say they have an Import Licence, but they seem quite confident about importing. Maybe they have one or maybe they just think it will be easy.

▪ [05/05/2017] Medicinal Cannabis Licence Secured

This could be a Cultivation-Only Licence or a Cultivation and Production Licence.

▪ [11/07/2017] Auscann - Tasmanian Alkaloids Licences Secured
    The "medicinal cannabis licence" is almost certainly a Medicinal Cannabis Licence from the Manufacturing Licences section. The "research and development licence" is probably referring to the Research Licence of the same name.

▪ [09/08/2017] Australian Manufacturing Licence Granted
    This is a Medicinal Cannabis Licence from the Manufacturing Licences section. The same licence as Tasmanian Alkaloids has. I believe this licence is for AusCann's Western Australia facility.
    This part leads me to believe the cultivation licence from May was actually a Cultivation and Production licence, otherwise the supply chain couldn't be complete.

▪ [07/12/2017] Final Operational Licence Now in Place
    Well, that's strange. I thought Tasmanian Alkaloids was granted this licence on 11/07/2017. I'm not sure what licence they got back then, perhaps just a mislabelled Manufacture Licence (non-medicinal). In any case, they clearly have a Medicinal Cannabis Manufacture Licence now, I think.
    Again, strange. I thought our supply chain was complete on 09/08/2017. In any case, now it is super complete, I think.

▪ [04/01/2018] Federal Government to Allow Cannabis Export
    Since this law hasn't been passed (it's expected to be), we obviously don't have a licence. I expect we'll apply for and be granted one in the near future.

AusCann and Tasmanian Alkaloid's Licences

I think AusCann have these licences:
    Import and Export Licences > Import Licence
    Cultivation and Production Licences > Cultivation and Production Licence

I think Tasmanian Alkaloids have these licences:
    Research Licences > Medicinal Cannabis Research Licence
    Manufacturing Licences > Medicinal Cannabis Manufacture Licence

Please correct me if I made a mistake. In any case, I hope this helps

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AC8 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.