BHP 0.44% $41.06 bhp group limited

Understanding BHP share price, page-2

1. 5,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    Some counter thoughts
    a) Do not rush Samarco - going for a quick resolution could cost far more than doing it properly.
    b) From my understanding, BHP sells the copper through the LME, so there are no market share implications. Escondida issue is all about making sure that the mine is in the lowest quartile. Getting that right is far more important than settling and having a higher cost base. IMO, a higher long term cost base would impact on the sp much more than a short term industrial dispute.
    c) US Shale is BHP archilles heel. I do not see a resolution to the oil price for a few years. The world will need to wait for the oil investment strike to flow through to reduced supply before the POO has a floor under it. That could be 2020.
    d) IMO, the current sp is reflecting the analyst view that IO should be $60/t. While ever it is sitting at about $90, BHP is "making hay while the sun shines". When it does revert, the sp may not move as much due to the "baked in" $60/t price view. Expect some nice dividends in Aug if $90/t is maintained for Qtr 3. Expect large debt reductions if the current IO price is maintained for qtr 4 as well.
    e) I do not know what you mean by the last comment. Can you please give us some examples.

HT1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$41.06
Change
0.180(0.44%)
Mkt cap ! $209.0B
Open High Low Value Volume
$41.13 $41.24 $41.01 $66.15M 1.608M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 1013 $41.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$41.07 1523 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.12am 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.