LYC 1.60% $6.15 lynas rare earths limited

Particularly note also that Dudley Kingsnorth is now on the BOD...

1. 6,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 998
    Particularly note also that Dudley Kingsnorth is now on the BOD of an Australian HREE ionic clay project focused on DyTb for magnets.

His writing is damn good, but his "tipping point" is dated, undefined and uninformed by present day realities. The Dy market will expand with transpo electrification.

Reduction good; elimination unnecessary.

The continuing nightmare in Myanmar is a testament to a permanent Dysprosium shortage despite the research into substitutes in lower grades. Might just take more time; but probably not. The Dy shortage will grow as NdPr is pulled into hotter, higher-power higher-value duty cycles and pulls DyTbHo with it. They have found several ways to reduce the need for DyTb but it isn't going away anytime soon. And as long as it is available, imho, it will find a buyer. There will never be an oversupply because it will always be the best, just as Terfenol-Dy is likely to remain.

We just need enough Dy right now to enable ROW magnet makers and business-folks to have a chance at the high value stuff, because how likely are they to take the low end?

I believe there will be multiple coercivity dopings just as there are multiple coatings. Just as the search is on to fill gaps in the magnet grade pictographs with less costly (overall) materials to replace (aka thrift) Nd, a search is on to fill the gaps in the coercivity solutions.

As Kingsmorth says, you do not want to use any more magnet than you need. NdPr and DyTb will still have loads to do and all that help is appreciated. I do not want REEs to be an endless bottleneck!

Nor do I want Lynas to be sole source. Clueless "peerless" stupidity by you-know-who. Just another vulnerability to give pause to downstream market growth. Who the heck can get comfortable in a business they know depends on China as the sole source of a critical strategic material destined for defense application or profitable ex-China manufacturing? And this isn't just about logistics; the politics, tensions, lack of dependability; plus there's a lot of angst around the world and on-shoring is gaining steam for more than a couple Presidential cycles here. I very much appreciate the ongoing Dubbo-Korea development.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.15
Change
-0.100(1.60%)
Mkt cap ! $5.748B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.23 $6.24 $6.13 $18.60M 3.011M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 21239 $6.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.16 9771 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.16
  Change
-0.100 ( 1.94 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.24 $6.24 $6.13 894887
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.