AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Understanding lithium demand, page-14

1. 12,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    Disingenous?

I asked you a question about the timing to market of the 2.175 million dmt sopdumene production capacity (not including brine or small scale production) from a chart I posted. If you don't have the answer or don't want to answer then that's fine.

I had pointed out that this capacity is about double the (2019 demand) number I calculated based on your figure of 375,000 dmt of spod for 1 million EVs/annum and assuming Tesla maintain their 14% market share. The answer to my question might have some baring to the demand and supply dynamics for 2019 so I would have thought might be worth trying to answer as a base case.

As far as Neometals goes I said they cited

" forecast short to medium term imbalances in the lithium supply chain and other relevant industry conditions" as a reason amongst other things for delaying their feadibilty on the Kalgoorlie hydroxide refinery.

I think that when a first mover in the industry publically comes out with comments about the market they operate in and have operated in for quite a long time investors should take those comments onboard.

Chris Reed is an acquaintance of mine and he and his family are stalwarts of the WA mining industry and he has also beavered away to make lithium in WA a reality, a smart investor would take comments about the lithium market from his company seriously. I've let him know my opinions on lithium.

It is fine that you put yourself out there as an authority on this subject and your posts are informative and eductaional and I have given you thumbs up in the past but your posts are also laced with opinion so unless we can get down to the question asked, its your opinion against mine (which is obviously less popular).

We will see who is right later. So far my negativity on AVZ is not misplaced when judged against the share price performance (when faced with the choice between being popular and right, I chose right).Esh
    Last edited by eshmun: 20/03/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.