AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Understanding lithium demand, page-25

1. 9,038 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17099
    The data in the graph is something Esh wanted me to comment on. It is not mine. In terms of the stated expansions in your post that is the threat to AVZ because if those expansions proceed then the ability for AVZ to enter the market will be based on what left over unmet demand is left. Based on what I am about to say below I think you will find that there is likely to be unmet demand in any event IMO but AVZ getting into the market in the timeframe 2022 to 2025 will be tight, and requires AVZ getting its act together in the now. It remains about demand and supply conditions across all EV applications and lithium needs, and sometimes I think we focus too much on the EV passenger vehicle market and/or may not understand the figures we might be looking at.

Tend to agree and I have said similar in the past around mine site cost comparisons - refer Post #: 37739957. I expect at mine site AVZ to have lower operating costs and higher revenue per tonne of installed capacity when compared to other hard rock play (with possibly the exception of Greenbushes). Transport is a post mine site cost and therefore too me it has always been about transport costs/solutions and whether the market can accommodate AVZ by 2022 - 2025 (which obviously is based around demand/supply conditions hence this thread)

This is a good question. I suspect the data is passenger vehicle data only. Using the previous links I gave and if you were to open them it would appear the 2 million passenger vehicle (cars) for 2018 I stated accords with these two links and my view in the opening post in this thread it is passenger vehicle based.
    https://insideevs.com/global-sales-in-december-full-year-2018-2-million-plug-in-cars-sold/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_car_use_by_country

Furthermore when you look at the US data that goes into the 2nd link above it is EV passenger vehicle based to. The 361,307 numbers in the wikipeda for US sales accord directly with this link showing EV passenger vehicle sales in 2018 for the USA.

https://insideevs.com/december-2018-u-s-plug-in-ev-sales-report-card/

Now looking at the wiki table you also see the 2,018,247 worldwide EV passenger vehicle sales in 2018, with China sales of 1,016,002 (just over 50%). The real interest is the second China figure at the bottom of the table not feeding into the 2,018,247 number. That figure shows EV sales in China of 1,256,000 with the difference of 240,000 between the two Chinese numbers been EV trucks and buses (which are part of 'other' in my first post). So confirmation that the quoted 2,018,247 worldwide EV passenger vehicle sales figure in 2018 excludes EV buses and trucks and presumably other EVs means significant potential growth in LCE demand may be understated in LCE demand figures to 2025.

All IMO and time will tell

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.