AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

This is where the market and ASX need to address these issues....

1. 2,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2102
    This is where the market and ASX need to address these issues. For argument sake let's say it was PLS who sells SC6.0 with fines at 10% moisture content. Would you divide that tonnage by that 10% moisture figure to get and overall percentage of 6% divided by 10% moisture = 5.4% Li2O by weight? See the point I am getting at. Watering it down dilutes the overall quality of the product by volume/weight. Hence prices continue to fall down. Does the next guy say hell PLS is selling at 10% moisture so we will sell it with 11 or 12% moisture content thereby increasing that entities margin?

Realistically Fe2O3 and especially Quartz Mica play a huge role in what price is attained in China. Mica binds tight with the spod so you have to crush the hell out of it to remove. Even then a lot of material is retained and recoveries suffer. The processors that receive Lithium concentrate with high levels of Mica would likely be unable to process that shipment and then all that material then becomes worthless. For batteries that is and that is where the market values quality!

Now this leads to all sorts of problems with transparency within the industry. I have read through hundreds of company announcements from all the different players and I must say the standard of reporting is totally abysmal from the entire group. Obfuscated, misrepresenting numbers by reporting in wmt/dmt/bcm just makes the numbers look better to the untrained eye depending on how it is written in the quarterlies. The Chinese control this industry and for them this is playing right into their hands. Cheap acquisitions. Talison bought green bushes for $205m at the bottom of the cycle, an absolute bargain. I bet they still cannot wipe the smiles off their face!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.