AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Understanding lithium demand, page-415

1. 9,119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18013
    Mathematically, 1,000,000 KWh = 1000 MWh = 1 GWh, note continually energy discharge of installed KWh/MWh/GWh capacity. So if 1 GWh = 900 tonnes of LCE (or 6750 tonnes of 6% grade spodumene concentrate), then 1 MWh equates 0.9 tonnes LCE (or 6.75 tonnes of 6% grade spodumene).

Whether this relationship is transferable from EV economics for batteries to energy storage systems is another question so the above is assuming the same efficiencies arise for energy storage in the stationary market as it pertains to lithium needs in batteries there (i.e. for electricity as against the moveable market of EVs). I haven't looked into lithium needs in the immovable battery in depth btw, but suspect efficiencies will be the same, but battery economics and competitive tension in that market is higher IMO than in say the EV market in any event: Post #: 38909709.

So on the proviso of the above, 50 MW (installed capacity) equates to 45 tonnes LCE (which equates to 337.5 tonnes 6% grade spodumene).

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.