AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Understanding lithium demand, page-674

1. 9,042 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17119
    Understand where you are coming from and also have seen higher GWh figures in 2025. I was just interested in the graph itself rather than comparing figures I have seen. It all boils down to the rate of EV takeup in the passenger vehicle market as that is the biggest contributor to lithium demand. And then it boils down to the take of household energy storage options in the stationary market as well as the prevalence of sold state batteries and how much market share they take from NCA and NCM battery technologies etc.

It is a lot of speculation and I agree, for example, EV takeup will likely be higher than the figure in the graph I was estimating number of required 5 mtpa mines to meet forecast lithium demand from in 2030.

You can take the 2030 numbers I calculated and plonk them in the year you think 2000 GWh will be achieved. Obviously if that is closer to 2025 the case for AVZ entering market at a 5 mtpa configuration by 2025, compared to a 2mtpa configuration, is further strengthened. And certainly ramp up will occur a lot quicker to 5 mtpa btw.

Furthermore, the greater the shortfall in lithium demand the greater probability the transport solutions in the DRC will be sorted out a lot earlier by the Chinese because apart from lithium, unless solid state lithium batteries take off meaning even more emphasis on lithium in any event still meaning transport solutions in the DRC will be sorted out, you need cobalt, nickel, graphite etc in a battery itself etc etc.

At the end of the day, given the resource AVZ has it is in the best position (as Greenbushes has been as well but the resource of Greenbushes is shrinking I suspect given how long that mine has already been in operation) as to best respond to quantum increases in demand which the graph suggests. If the quantum increase is a lot earlier and larger then the case for AVZ's entry to market further increases.

All IMO IMO IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.