AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

An ordinary day for AVZ today and VB is the cure (for me). The...

1. 9,042 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17124
    An ordinary day for AVZ today and VB is the cure (for me). The whole sector got hammered today.

In terms of the question, you need 12 MWh - 14 MWh of power to produce 1 tonne of lithium hydroxide monohydrate.

64 MW capacity at the power station at a 90% load factor capacity operating all year round equates to 504,576 megwatt hours (MWh) sent per year. So at best, the 64 MW facility at best IMO can produce 200,000 tonnes of 6% grade spodumene for export plus at best a further 30,000 tonnes of lithium hydroxide monohydrate for export IMO.

The detailed calcs to the above paragraph are in Post #: 40107095 and Post #: 40111802

30,000 tonnes of lithium hydroxide monohydrate is equivalent to 195,000 tonnes of 6% spodumene concentrate, making potential total spodumene produced 395,000 tonnes from 64 MW power plant facilty. Assuming, your 6% spodumene making plant is DMS based only, meaning floatation to be retrofitted later on, LI20 grades 1.6% and recovery is 60%, this equates to an installed ore feed capacity plant of about 3mtpa for producing the spodumene (and obviously you need a hydroxide plant as well if go down the hydroxide route) without further power expansions beyond the existing installed 64 MW capacity in the power plant.

In terms of converter costs I also did some holistic calcs when answering a poster in another thread - refer Post #: 40413370

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.