CXO 0.00% 11.0¢ core lithium ltd

Understanding pegmatite mining, page-6

1. 1,231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 162
    Below is the way I do it and I am no geo/expert.

Resource estimation is carried out in 3d world. You will see all the drillholes and 'li' intersections in this post below (for bp33), see https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/an...-concentrate.4335436/page-24?post_id=34731858. Block wireframe modelling is undertaken using a parent block of 5m x 10m x 10m (as used for grants and bp33), with a smaller sub-parent block. These are effectivley 'lego blocks' and they are joined together to form the 'orebody', in cubic metres. This is utlimately multiplied by the specific gravity (in t/m3) of the 'hostrock' of the 'li' mineralisation to arrive at an overall tonnage. The drillholes are data points and the 'confidence' in the uniformity of the 'lego blocks', re overall shape, size and grade (of mineralisation, here 'li'), is greater when the data points are closer together. This is where the term 'drill spacing' is all important. The placement of the 'lego blocks' is determined first by the mineralisation intersections and then the spread by the 'confidence' from the data points. A simple algorithm is applied to determine the fall-off in grade (see drill spacing above), as between the various data points, with the grade applied to each parent and sub-parent block as needed, in order to calculate the overall grade of the 'orebody' to be applied to the tonnage above. That the orebody is open along strike/down dip is pertinent to the potential for a future increase in resource estimate, should further drilling be undertaken and new resources calculated. I don't like waiting months for jorc resources to be released/updated, so I do my own.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $235.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 12.5¢ 11.0¢ $3.280M 27.73M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
83 3951141 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 1216688 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.