WES 0.99% $66.85 wesfarmers limited

understanding retailing

1. 3,298 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Yesterday, I visited a Target store,assume it is still part of Coles Group, but stand to be corrected. This Target store was in a suburban shopping centre. It amazed me in the book section that less than 10% of the product had prices marked on the item or a price was displayed for the item. May be Target shoppers just buy the item regardless, I personally doubt it.
    On leaving the store I mentioned to the young gentleman at the store entrance if prices are not displayed correctly you could go broke, he just smiled.
    General impression was the few sales assistants that were in the shop were happy just to wonder around, rather than do some work like sort out displays with labels & prices.
    In the past I believe WES was a very well run company & thought they would do well merging the Coles acquisition, but assuming they own Target stores then they are having big trouble even carrying out the most basic of retailing functions.
    I don't blame shop assistants for the problem, but senior store management for not setting basic standards & taking pride in their store.
    I would hope this store is not typical of the Target Store Group because if it is, they will face real problems in the very near future from retailers who are prepared to do the work to sell retail items.
    May be time for management to walk the floor of their stores & look as potential customers.
    Regards
    Buffett

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$66.85
Change
-0.670(0.99%)
Mkt cap ! $75.81B
Open High Low Value Volume
$67.67 $68.18 $66.85 $343.6M 5.198M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100 $66.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$66.97 1578 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.