MGT 1.85% 26.5¢ magnetite mines limited.

SA’s Green Iron and Steel Strategy points way to new export...

1. 1,016 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 253
    SA’s Green Iron and Steel Strategy points way to new export industry | The Australian (archive.md)

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6266/6266306-af46c2ba8b9ec8486b5fb8ed9cb7b80a.jpghttps://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6266/6266312-644c2400d07e40770bd44fb140b2671c.jpg

Tim Dobson featured on this AFR article. A great spread at the bottom of the article by Tim. Patience my friends, I will be participating in this CR to get the team over the line.

Key highlights
    1. Australia has the potential to create an enormous new export industry that will thrive in a carbon-constrained world, advocates of so-called green iron say, with the burgeoning hydrogen industry and ample renewable energy the key.
    2) Tom Koutsantonis released the new green iron strategy, which includes actions such as delivering a commercial derisking study
    3) The industry has the potential to unlock tens of billions of tonnes of iron ore resources just in the Braemar region in eastern SA = MGT
    4) “There’s two billion tonnes of steel that’s produced using coal that won’t be produced using coal in 30 years’ time"
    5) "High ambition estimates suggest green metals could be worth $122bn a year to our economy by 2040 or $88bn in a low ambition scenario,’’
    6) "Chief executive Tim Dobson told The Australian that it had become apparent in the past couple of years that Japan and Korea had realised that importing hydrogen, in a bid to decarbonise their steel sectors, was not going to be effective. Hydrogen proponents in Australia have also come to the realisation that exports are probably not viable, Mr Dobson said, firming the need for a local use-case. Mr Dobson said while the opportunity for Australia was large, there were potential competitors overseas such as the UAE and Saudi Arabia, and there was a “burning fuse now for Australia’’.Magnetite’s current six billion tonne resource has “just scratched the surface, and we’ve got probably 100 years of production there once we convert that to ore reserves”. - Tim Dobson

We are on the cusp of something insane here. I love it. I pre-ordered my hermes pajamas and will pull the trigger when FID is made. LETS GO MGT!!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $26.08M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.0¢ 27.5¢ 26.5¢ $64.47K 241.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 27.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 25438 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.51pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.