GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

They could all "hit something big." They all have glowing...

1. 1,296 Posts.
    They could all "hit something big." They all have glowing company presentations. They all are wannabes. What is really important is to find the companies that are going ahead.

There are so many companies out there, you have to find the good ones and buy in.

One strategy I like is to buy in after a cap raising. Usually the price drifts back to the cap raising price (not always though) and provides a good entry point. Then average up.

Read and research your preferred companies and also the reports of their neighbours. Often there are helpful broker reports on company websites. Do keep in mind that the broker research reports are usually paid for and their reason is to spruik companies to help with cap raisings.

The most important part is strong management. This is hard to get a handle on, there isn't a drill report for management, but as you keep reading reports and researching over a decent timespan, you realise who are strong. In my gold portfolio that is GRY, AZH and PRU.

Also have a trading plan. Average up, not down.

Be very very careful of pump and dumps on HC.

Fishies suggestion of staying clear of the stocks with lots of cheap shares on issue is solid advice.

Sorry, I know nothing about CGM.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.