Unemployment jumps to more than 10-year high, page-54

1. 27,274 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    Good post Lappy, I was listening this morning to Elizabeth Proust,

MICHAEL BRISSENDEN: Just on the budget generally: Joe Hockey is quoted today as saying he'd like to see more public support from business leaders about the importance of repairing the budget. Has big business been sitting on the sidelines? Could they be doing more?

ELIZABETH PROUST: Well, I'm not sure it's actually the job of big business to take sides - which, given where we are in the budget debate at the moment, is I think what it would be seen to do.

But I think the biggest problem with the budget: I don't think too many people in business accept the need for budget measures to be put in place.

I think the biggest problem is that many people perceive the measures to be unfair and I think that, if business is sitting on its hands, assuming, you know, there's a role for them in supporting the budget: I think that what's holding a lot of people back from doing that is that many of the measures - the GP co-payment, for example - are seen to fall unfairly on those who can least afford it. And I would expect that's the reason holding business back from doing so.

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2014/s4062455.htm

Raider

In the land of the blind,the one eyed man is king.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.