3DP 6.67% 3.2¢ pointerra limited

Hypothetical - parting ways is the natural result of a strategic...

1. 210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 78
    Hypothetical - parting ways is the natural result of a strategic shift, not necessaily performance related, just Pointerra realised that their approach wasn't working and they have shifted direction?

I think it was last calendar year that the partnership with Jacobs Divergent Solutions was announced?

Could be argued that the "one-man, tasked by a minnow of under 30 staff, with the job of pulling in major contracts from under the noses of well-established mega-contractors" approach was deemed with the benefit of hindsight to be a bit naive, and the strategy shifted to partnering up with the well established contractors to use their muscle, finances and lobbyists to get the contracts that the minnow can then take their nibble out of.

Again, just a hypothetical, but wouldn't partnering up, then sitting back to potentially receive 1% of a potential $1b contract won by Jacobs (whilst saving on the salary, flights, corporate credit card, etc of the in-house role) make sense?

This scenario would be undercut a bit if the role remains at Pointerra, but is it possible the role is now redundant? Or it could possibly be redesigned. Perhaps to be a liasion with the likes of Jacobs Divergent Solutions (and maybe others) which would be a different kind of skillset and not require the direct contacts in the military, that would essentially be provided by Jacobs now? Imagine the ex-military they are able to afford! And the level of contacts they can access!

Anyway, just putting it out there. For myself, even if i am totally off, i see the benefit of this type of shift to partnering. When 3DP is a 2bil MC with a proven portfolio and reputation, maybe then it can test out tendering directly again, but for the time being, let the experts do it, pick up some crumbs, and free up resources for the other verticals?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.2¢
Change
0.002(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $25.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.2¢ 3.1¢ $36.12K 1.144M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1220576 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.48pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.