UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

Just read this and thought holders would find this article...

1. 51 Posts.
    Just read this and thought holders would find this article interesting and my applogies to those that have already read.

Rich countries, led by Britain, have pledged ?2.6bn to a fund to pay for vaccinations to prevent children in poor countries dying from common conditions ? ?370m more than they were asked for.
    Months of lobbying led to what the UK development secretary, Andrew Mitchell, called a "historic" session to replenish the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation (Gavi) in London.
    David Cameron led the field, pledging ?814m to vaccinate more than 80 million children, which he said would help save an estimated 1.4 million lives from common conditions such as pneumonia and diarrhoea.
    "Britain will play its full part," Cameron told the conference, where politicians, charities, private companies and philanthropists including Bill Gates of Microsoft had gathered.
    Richer countries were urged to give an extra ?2.3bn by 2015, which Gavi says is enough to save 4 million children's lives.
    Gates and Cameron said that vaccines were one of the most cost-effective ways of delivering aid and pointed out that 80% of the money given to Gavi goes into actual immunisation programmes on the ground.
    Gates, who is jointly hosting the conference with Cameron, pledged $1bn (?610m). Other significant pledges came from Japan, Brazil and Australia.
    Cameron said: "In addition to our existing support for Gavi, we will provide ?814m of new funding up to 2015.
    "This will help vaccinate over 80 million children and save 1.4 million lives. That is one child vaccinated every two seconds for five years. It is one child's life saved every two minutes. That is what the money that the British taxpayer is putting in will give."
    He said the idea of children dying of preventable conditions such as pneumonia and diarrhoea should be "unthinkable" in 2011.
    "To those who say fine, but we should put off seeing through those promises to another day because right now we can't afford to help, I say ? we can't afford to wait."

I would be very happy for our little company to get part of this "timing is everything"

Good luck to all holders
    Dyor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.