UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

Karl, the main thing that happens with a pharma who faces...

1. TDA
    11,411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 137
    Karl, the main thing that happens with a pharma who faces generic competition with a blockbuster is "damage control". They fight the introduction through the courts trying to buy time, they entertain an authorised generic to be released in response to the competing generic so that they can have the same drug marketed under a private label and retain more of the market as they can compete at the lower pricing and keep more market share.

My post was simply to point out that this may have been happening during the IA, where Sanofi's focus had shift somewhat to save revenue losses that can mount to nearly 70% with the introduction of a generic. I wasn't saying that they didn't like the Unifill, just that they may have had other pressing matters to deal with. hence why I think pharma can learn that they need to act faster in such situations so that the generic competition has something else to deal with (drug delivery device).

We have seen that Sanofi are to still go ahead with the Unifill Finesse, so they like it, obviously the Finesse was born through the development stage between the two. Maybe more work was needed here also to suit Sanofi's needs, but now they are happy to go ahead and name the drug they will first use with the syringes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.