BOE 2.77% $2.81 boss energy ltd

After decades of trying, I have rarely been able to pic "the"...

1. 1,739 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2074
    After decades of trying, I have rarely been able to pic "the" top or "the" bottom of any stock. Now I don't even try because I know very few investors are that smart or that lucky. I maintain a trading portfolio and long term portfolio as a critical component of my strategy, knowing the objective of each is quite different..

When a stock appears over-bought on narrative, momentum or whatever - if I have don'e OK, I will take money off the table progressively at each price step up. I always seel too soon, but at a profit.

When a stock appears over-sold, if I believe in the management, industry, fianancials or whatever, I will add to my position, often to the point of over-weight then start to re-claim some capital on the bounce back up.I always sell too soon, but at a profit.

This strategy is far from perfect but more often than not has been kind to me over the years.

Many posters have accumulated BOE in recent time. It is never easy catching falling knives and listening to naysayers. Your courage is rewarded today.

On days like today, where precious metals, REE and uranium all move in tandem, I am comforted that I nearly always have cash, rarely forego opportunities and do not rely luck to make decent coin. The last couple of weeks accumulating is rewarded today and my trading cash is topped up for the next opportunity that I consider oversold. Naturally, I can be very wrong and I ahve put good money after bad. Fortunately, those situations are relativley rare and 1 win more than covers them all..

I have declared my positions in most of these industries for many years and copped more than my share of stick. That's the way investing goes.

Holders of BOE, stay fat. No one is out of the woods yet, but Boss has an awful lot of upside over the next 2-3 years and should again have a $6 handle.

For today, all true believers should all be relieved. There'll be more days like this, you just have to be there invested for them.

GLTASH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.81
Change
-0.080(2.77%)
Mkt cap ! $1.151B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.92 $2.93 $2.74 $8.912M 3.157M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 71935 $2.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.83 500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.