Union Push on Casual Work, page-28

1. 10,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    ...half of the workforce in this country wouldn't work in an iron lung! One has to tip toe around and dare not say a word for fear of causing some loser to be "stressed" and to go on never ending compensation...

Many years ago I was managing a state branch of a large business and was asked to move into a national role...the 2ic at the local branch was a bit of a dill but thought he was a walk in for the management position I was to vacate.

He was told "nicely" that he just wouldn't cut it so he spat the dummy and did not turn up the next day. His wife called and said he was stressed and probably wouldn't be in for the rest of the week.
    It ended up costing the company $20k to get rid of him, he was quite prepared to stay on "stress leave" for as long as he could pull it off...

My other half manages people in every state, she had one in SA who was on "stress leave" for two years...again the company had to pay the loser out to get him off the books.

This is what unions have done to employee mentality...they all seem to think they deserve more and more and more...but do less and less and less. I am to the point where I simply will not consider employing a person full time...only ever a casual or part timer.

When do we ever hear of a pay rise being awarded because of extra effort being put in? Or a lift in productivity, or new ways to save on costs for the business? Nope....never...just demands to pay people more for doing the same thing or less...or else!

And the unions want to force employers to offer full time work to a person regardless of whether you WANT to employ that person full time...where are the choices for the employer? The employer...the bloke who misses quality time with his family, often working 60 plus hours a week to make sure any body he does employ gets paid on the same day every week regardless!

The bloke who through sweat and stress created the jobs in the first place...I am well and truly over the BS and dribble coming out of the mouths of trade union jerks...
    Last edited by boatboy: 18/08/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.