WDS 2.51% $26.84 woodside energy group ltd

Jack 0207No need to waste your money on flights as I live in...

1. 333 Posts.
    Jack 0207
    No need to waste your money on flights as I live in Karratha and I'm more than happy to drive past the striking workers to get to work at Pluto.
    What little sympathy the local people had for the striking workers was erased in an instant when they stood on the Burrup road. The traffic delays caused people to miss their flights, people were late for work at Dampier Salt, Rio Tinto Dampier and the supply base. Many other people who don't even work at Pluto were incorrectly labelled as scabs - not good.
    The unions would have to visit site nearly every day of the week talking with union members. About what, one has to ask? A lot more than motelling is my guess. They also talk about solidarity which seemed to be forgoten by the unions when the government started talking fines.
    Out of the 1500 people who were on strike, my gut tells me only 300 or so are the the true believers. The rest are just there for fear of being called a scab and the harrasment that follows.
    IMO the people who are on strike are very short sighted. The only way the Australian LNG industry can expand is through foreign investment. The people who control these funds are watching very closely as to how this is handled by Woodside and the government. If we see strike after strike with no end in sight, forget about train two. That will just get pushed back further and further. Could you imagine what would happen if there was another budget blow out due to low productivity? Woodside would have to get the begging cap out again. Do you think they would fill it next time?
    One more point to remember is Shell is a major shareholder of Woodside and they seem to like the idea of floating LNG ships. Where would they build one of them?
    Not in Australia.
    It is a matter of economic security that this stops now for the benefit of all Australians.

Kind regards
    Franciss

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$26.84
Change
-0.690(2.51%)
Mkt cap ! $50.89B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.02 $27.06 $26.72 $84.57M 3.146M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 6052 $26.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$26.85 3916 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.26pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.