UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

First question, no. Read the press release. Amgen paid for...

1. 204 Posts.
    First question, no.

Read the press release. Amgen paid for exclusive and non exclusive rights to device technology. There was no mention of capacity. Further, their loan to us is secured by the IP for the device technology, not any ;line, equipment, clean room gear, or other physical instrument to manufacture something (capacity).

Second question, to make money and having options to do it.

Amgen joined UNS to be able to use the devices. They could have also joined to make sure a competitor could not use UNS devices (exclusivity) which is exactly the strategy UNS has been selling to investors for years. Once the contract is in place no one else can get the business for x years.

Once upon a time it was said that NO EXCLUSIVITY would be given in the WI market as it was just too big. Well, guess that changed. While I think Amgen is a good one to be with. The fact remains that the decision to grant exclusivity has placed a cap on the upside potential that UNS could have realized in the future. And that is a game changer for me. Another "partner" could simply do it to us again in another device or therapeutic area if we find ourselves on the ropes again in 5 - 7 quarters. So, this is just the latest reason that I am really excited about any enhancement to management, whether it is the replacement or simply the addition of brighter more capable minds.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.