RHK 0.00% 78.5¢ red hawk mining limited

Forecast of 1% increase in usage of I/O per year. I'm voting NO!...

1. 2,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 293
    Forecast of 1% increase in usage of I/O per year.
    I'm voting NO!  Mng is employed to find solution.
    http://www.businessspectator.com.au/news/2015/5/13/commodities/iron-ore-slips-amid-soft-forecasts
    Iron ore slips amid soft forecasts
    The price of iron ore has eased marginally in offshore trade, ending a two-day rally that had driven the commodity to its highest level in 10 weeks.
    At the end of the latest session, benchmark iron ore for immediate delivery to the port of Tianjin in China was trading at $US62.30 a tonne, down 0.4 per cent from its prior close of $US62.50 a tonne.
    The commodity remains almost 35 per cent stronger than the 10-year low of $US46.70 a tonne reached in early April.
    Traders have had a bevy of information to digest over recent days, with Goldman Sachs spruiking the value in 'going short', Australia's Treasury warning on a continued glut, Beijing offering fresh stimulus to the Chinese economy and an ongoing war of words within the mining sector.
    Last night the Abbott government said Treasury had factored a $US48 a tonne price into the budget for the coming financial year given the oversupply risks, well below the $US60 per tonne estimate provided in December.
    Still, the mark is above the $US35 a tonne level discussed by Treasurer Joe Hockey as a potential forecast just six weeks' ago.
    Mr Hockey was, however, confident about future demand despite market volatility.
    "Each year we send enough iron ore to China to build the Sydney Harbour Bridge, from Sydney to Perth, and then back again," he said. "The opportunities from Asia for our resources are enormous."
    Similar sentiments were echoed by Rio Tinto boss Sam Walsh overnight at a global mining conference in Barcelona, with the mining giant remaining confident steel demand in China hadn't peaked despite the World Steel Association suggesting otherwise in recent weeks.
    "Everything we see continues to support our view of around 1 billion tonnes of Chinese crude steel production by 2030, which requires average growth of around 1 per cent per annum," he said.
    Both Rio's Mr Walsh and BHP Billiton counterpart Andrew Mackenzie said more volatility was likely in the market, though both firms have retained production targets despite trimming capital expenditure plans.
    "The iron ore and metallurgical coal markets are currently well supplied and we do not expect to invest significantly more in these businesses at this time," Mr Mackenzie said ahead of the Barcelona conference.
    The comments of further capex reductions came as Swiss-based mining and commodities trading giant Glencore took a thinly-veiled swipe at both BHP and Rio for their production tactics.
    "Oversupplying markets regardless of demand is damaging the credibility of the industry," Glencore said, noting that the mining sector had been the worst performer on markets over the past 12 months.
    The oversupply worries have been a heavy drag on the market for over 12 months despite the recent rally and Goldman analysts see no reason to believe the recovery has much more to run given the supply-demand outlook.
    “The rally is taking place during the early stages of a long bear market that in our view is set to last well into the next decade,” Goldman analysts said this week.
    “Market fundamentals will reassert themselves sooner rather than later," they added, suggesting investors "consider this as a window to take short positions".
    Earlier in the week the commodity was aided by a rate cut in China, with investors hopeful more stimulus may be forthcoming
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.