Yeah .. seems to me there is quite a large difference between...

1. 1,994 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 68
    Yeah .. seems to me there is quite a large difference between post-war economics and UBI.

I think employment will evolve and increase, not disappear and we are going to need people incented to participate. Historically people realising they are facing change have repeatedly come up with theories about the end of employment that have not eventuated.

I think doctors will still have a place but I am not surprised that the diagnostic and treatment role is under threat. Bluntly I have found many GPs to have pretty average diagnostic skills when it comes to anything more than a bacterial infection and I think that automation of pathology, diagnostics, and generating treatment plans will have a huge benefit to the speed and accuracy of medical treatment. If this happens I think many lawyers will also need to find alternative specialties.

People were worried about computers taking their jobs and look at us now.

Of course, this all changes when we reach singularity and the Basilisk decides to purge the planet of those who did not contribute to it coming into being (joking )

Anyhow, I won't complain a few years from now I can pay off my house, cash out my super (if it hasn't been seized to help fund UBI), collect my UBI and travel the globe with a healthy government subsidy.

Last edited by MTX2000: 27/02/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.