unnaceptable noise levels

1. 185 Posts.
    Seeking some advice on unnaceptable noise levels being emitted from the residents opposite our house so any suggestions would be appreciated . The young residents or Turkeys have set up a stereo in their open garage and dont have alot of consideration for the fellow residents .
    So far they have been approached and requested to turn their music down to a respectable level which the havent adhered to . After this initial request which was ignored and the music level continued and in some cases has increased for a prolonged period of time the local council member was contacted and made aware of the situation and the residents failure to bring the noise level down , so following this the council officer has visited the premises twice within the last month and issued them with a warning to turn their music down to a respectable level which has been ignored . The constantly thumping music which might start saturday afternoon at 4.00pm and continue to 10.00pm or 11.00pm can be heard in my room with the window closed which is 100m away from the source and having spoken with the next door neighbour he can hear the constant thudding throughout his entire house which is approx 10m away from the primary source . After having been advised to keep the sound level doown and after two approaches from the council they persist with this activity one to three days a week but are careful to turn the music off at 10.00pm . I have approached them in a resonable manner and on a second occasion in a not so reasonable manner . My next step is to remove the fuse from their fuse box and digard of it which may only serve to excaserbate tensions so I would appreciate it if anybody has advice on vibration levels and measuring sound emmision . What is the next process if I can call the council officer out on a friday afternoon or saturday afternoon and get them to perform a certified epa check on noise levels with the objective of issuing the offending residents with a fine . thanks for your help

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.