Unprecedented voter distrust of morally blind corporate Australia, page-33

1. 84,988 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I disagree with the term 'morally blind' for corporations --------------- I think that many of them show clear evidence of being 'devoid of morals'

but, they are not blind - if one reads their internal communications - the bastards know what they are doing, there's zero doubt there

a really good example ------------- not a corporation but a government a government adviser advised a scheme that was morally bankrupt and the goverment minister and government happily went along with it

they were NOT blind - they knew exactly what they were doing

''Alan Tudge’s former media adviser has told a royal commission she devised a strategy to place stories in “friendly media” – including the Murdoch press – after her boss told her to “shut down” the media storm over robodebt in early 2017.
    The commission is investigating why and how the unlawful Centrelink debt recovery scheme was established in 2015 and ran until November 2019, ending in a $1.8bn settlement with hundreds of thousands of victims.

Under questioning by the senior counsel assisting, Justin Greggery KC, Rachelle Miller, who worked for Tudge when he was human services minister, agreed that by early 2017 there was a “media crisis” over the robodebt scandal.
    But Miller said she was confident the story could be “shut down”, as she claimed her boss had requested.
    “[Tudge] was very firm with me that I needed to shut this story down,” she said.
    Miller said the plan she devised meant placing stories in “more friendly media”, which she described as “rightwing media”, naming the Australian newspaper and “the tabloids”, as well as A Current Affair and talkback stations such as 2GB.
    “That media strategy was quite comprehensive that I developed in January,” she said. “That involved placing stories with the more friendly media, the right media, about how the Coalition was actually catching people who were cheating the welfare system.”

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ser-rachelle-miller-robodebt-royal-commission

to me - they were morally vacuous and a heap of them should go to jail ------ because they sure knew what they were doing and their intentions were crystal clear

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.