Hey everyone,Im interested in finding out more about Hotcopper...

1. 1,139 Posts.
    Hey everyone,

Im interested in finding out more about Hotcopper and its history. There is very little information available anywhere about the company's past, so I was wondering if there were people out there that would be willing to share their knowledge of what happened. Here is an extract describing briefly the creation of hotcopper and past ownership structure:

--------

http://www.aboutus.org/HotCopper.com.au

HotCopper was started in 1995 by Internet Entrepreneur Ron Gully. The name originated from Ron Gully's wish to have a forum that dealt with HOT Penny Stocks.

It was migrated from Ron Gully's original page that was located at www.wp.com/rongully to the web in 1995 by Ron Gully from Geelong. In 1999 Ron Gully listed it on the ASX (Australian Stock Exchange) and was the shortest ever listing (not in administration) being only listed for two months before being taken over by Bourse Data Limited. Bourse was then taken over by St George Bank. Hotcopper was then sold following the internet crash to The Financial Arena Pty Ltd. Under their stewardship the site was reduced to a few hard core users. In 2004 it was purchased by many of the 1999 owners under Report Card Pty Ltd for a fraction of the takeover price paid by Bourse Data Limited. The site has now grown from 1,000 users a day to over 20,000 a day and is now a real threat to Fairfax and Newscorps finacial websites.

---------

When it was listed in 1999, what was the total IPO and company's market capital? Would anyone know where to find the company's reports that were released during that period? What was the initial IPO price? What price did Bourse Data Limited purchase the company for? What changed in Hotcopper over that period until it was purchased by Report Card Pty Ltd in 2004. Who makes up Report Card Pty Ltd? Etc Etc

I've always been curious and have struggled to ever find much information out on the internet so i thought i would ask the question and see what try of information its users would be able to provide me with. Any links or information would be greatly appreciated by myself and I'm sure many others.

Thank you in advance for your contributions,

GC

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.