DYL 0.75% $1.32 deep yellow limited

unusual spike in share price and high volume

1. 2,808 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 117
    Today's share price spike and high volume was IMO quite unusual.

Today's announcement was merely a confirmation of what had already been released on the 28 April (downhole gamma logging vs chemical assays). And while the results were good, I wouldn't call them exceptional. Grades were good, close to surface but widths were not great. Furthermore, Uranium mining is still not allowed in Queensland.

So why then did the share price jump so much and with such high volume?

IMO, I suspect that the jump in the share price today was not because of today's announcement but because of another discovery that has not yet been disclosed to the market (Most likely more exceptional results from Inca/ Red Sands). IMO, today's announcement was merely a cover up to enable insiders to buy in without raising any alarm bells for insider trading. Some trades that went through today were huge eg. > $600,000 @ $0.35

IMO, Inca/ Red Sands and the Paleochannel between Tumas and Oryx are going to be the catalyst for a major share price re-rating for Deep Yellow. Why else would the Board suddenly request Dr Leon to focus his efforts on these projects and to rapidly advance these projects (announced 13 May 2009).

All this is just my opinion and is purely speculation. Only time will tell if I am correct. I will definitely be holding on to my shares tightly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DYL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.32
Change
-0.010(0.75%)
Mkt cap ! $1.279B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.32 $1.35 $1.32 $4.655M 3.512M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 90400 $1.32

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.33 30571 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DYL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.