unusually large u.s. weapons shipment to israe, page-56

1. 4,751 Posts.
    back to topic, the agreement was made in 2004. Dec 31 2008 was a previous shipment, the shipment in question "is scheduled" but hasn't shipped - all according to the information in the original post.

I read elswhere that this shipment was 'consignment' which means Israel pay for what they use after they use it. Which means there's no financial loss if USA dont ship it, except of course for loss of potential income.

If there was such an agreement, then surely there would be a validity period, and the two shipments in question being after one administration is voted out, and the other yet to be in power, asks the question of how these decisions can be made / acted upon during a government transition period? Note the information provided by Global Research says the tender has not been awarded as yet "The U.S. is seeking to hire a merchant ship". Surely the sign off will have to come from the new administration?

The question now IMO is will Obama throw out the agreement leaving Israel looking isolated without enough arms to threaten whoever it wanted to threaten, or will Obama let let the tender run its course as per 'agreement' albeit outside of validity terms - I'm making an assupmtion that this sort of agreement cannot run over into an opposing government's time in office. And also that the actions by this agreement seem to have some urgency to be completed before Obama takes office.

This type of choice confronting Obama will quickly cristalise his position whether he likes it or not. Can he stall it for a while? Unfortunately for Obama, i think there will be no such thing as a honeymoon period...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.