Unvaccinated vs Vaccinated in ICU, page-211

1. 7,390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 95
    Thoughts in a regional news paper he High Country Herald

Dear editor,

In your special article, Value of Experts in the Information Age, 18/1/22, James McKay suggests we should have more respect for the experts if the COVID crisis is to be dealt with effectively.
    Unfortunately, his article seems to be recom-mending mindless obedience to these experts even when our own senses tell us that we aren’t getting all the information we need to make informed de-cisions about managing our own health.
    When we know, for a fact, that our doctors will lose their jobs if they don’t support the vaccination mandate and that mainstream media only support the vaccination mandate, then it is no surprise that thinking, conscientious citizens will look for in-formation elsewhere - including some of Joe Ro-gan’s eminent and highly qualified expert guests!
    James’ arguments are simplistic, dare I say pa-tronising, as he implies that the world would be a better place if we only listened to the people that James says are trustworthy.
    Experts themselves are subjective about what they promote.
    Their beliefs inform their interpretation of the facts before them.
    That’s why we must defend our freedom of choice to the death.
    Recently my mother-in-law had a major stroke.
    She made a miraculous recovery thanks to the wonderful clot buster drug the experts recom-mended and which we agreed to (it has its own risks.)
    Then one expert said she should have a major operation within the week.
    We decided to consult another expert of the same calibre and he had an entirely different point of view.
    We had to weigh all the evidence up and make our own decision about what was the best advice.
    Six months on she’s doing very well so we think we made the best decision in retrospect - and very glad for the second expert opinion.
    I’ll continue to choose those who care for my health with caution and I cherish that choice.
    Until recently, it was one of the most wonderful things about living in Australia.
    When we lose our choice of self-care (even if we make the wrong choice as others would see it) we lose our humanity and become robots of the state.
    Our liberties are being brutally eroded by peo-ple like James who believe that other people, gen-erally, can’t think for themselves. Adolph Hitler would have been very happy with James’ viewpoint.
    Pol Pot would have employed him as an aide.
    When you take away our freedom to choose our expert advice, whether it be a right or wrong choice, the world will be full of North Koreas. - John McKay

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.