SKG skynetglobal limited

####Brad.....you should read the Austar/Unwired press...

1. 2,922 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    ####Brad.....you should read the Austar/Unwired press release,,,,,they are now going National.

Is Singapore National ?

###### I doubt people wanting internet access want home automation......pretty hard in a coffee shop.

Exactly my point, all Unwired offer is wireless internet broadband.
    SKG sold their wireless network to Telstra 2 years ago.
    They still have some of their chain but they mainly just take service commisions.

#####Brad...you really should read...i said i have a programme which finds sites...free and pay as you use.

You do mention Free a couple of times, you even sponge of your clients.

#### Austar and Unwired could offer video on demand.

Now your out of your depth, do some reading and come back to me with a report on bandwidth useage over 2 klm's of cable. Telstra can't do it because the costs to the consumer are way too high.
    Why do you think Telstra are looking at SKG's system ?Transfer rates using wireless has the same problem, video streaming takes too long using wirless transmition and requires copper delivery for high quality.
    SKG have servers in the highrise buildings and they have most highrise buildings signed up for 10 years or longer.........that's what you call vision ;-)

##### IBurst does NOT have a National partner who will share their bandwidth licences.

So ? they still are valued at $90 million and have no cashflow.

####Really?.....Austar is strapped for cash?

Did I say Austar ? Austar are not their partner.....thats just a fancy word for landlord.

#### You are saying Unwired is strapped for cash then suggest they would buy SKG?
    Huh?

I said they couldn't afford them !

##I would think Austar and Unwired now with a National footprint are the dominant wireless provider in Australia.##

So bloody what, it has NO effect on SKG at all ! If any thing it might help SKG's retail chain.

#### So do Unwired

Yes they sell their black box through harvey norman, but that is only for people that want their unwired service. they are not a supplier of retail products, which is one of SKG's businesses.

#### so what?

The point is, unwired only supply broadband and Voip.....the business models are worlds apart.

##They are NOT profitable from any income stream atm.##

You'll see in 3 weeks, if I'm wrong give me hell !

#### and yet you are making comparisons?

You are saying that they are a threat to SKG, comparing the two companies shows the HUGE difference in models.
    Put simply, SKG have long term leases on 120 highrise buildings in Australia that no company can steal business from.......they offer a full range of broadband services that even Telstra can't match.

They offer a full range of wireless retail products that NO supplier in Australia can match.
    If you use their hotspot service, you have seamless connection all over the world........but it's """not""" their core business.
    Their hotspots are flexible, that is to say a traveller can buy some internet time over the counter.

Unwired are taking on Telstra, SKG is working with Telstra.......end of story ;-)

You'll be buying some SKG by the time I'm through with you Bazza, you just need to read a bit about the subject.
    Home Automation is only going to grow from here, and it will eventually be a part of every persons life.
    A fact you can not deny ;-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SKG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.