GSS 1.38% 71.5¢ genetic signatures limited

I don't want to get in a tit-for-tat here and I have no...

1. 124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    I don't want to get in a tit-for-tat here and I have no intention of buying GSS shares.  I just think there are some uniformed opinions here on why this Tech is unique and how that relays in the competitive position/point of difference in in the market in terms of clinical performance, cost, and volume throughput/workflow.

GSS uses 384-well plates instead of the standard 96-well to compensate for the lack of throughput.

The 3-base methylation Tech was originally developed in the early naughties by Doug Millar that got financial support from Chris Abbott.  Originally developed to get around the HPV patent minefield that existed at the time as it was argued that 3-Base wouldn't infringe proprietary HPV targets that have since fallen into the public domain.  Yes 3-base can be advantageous to improved specificity but that's it.  Other companies such as SpeeDx also have proprietary Tech to improve specificity (eg. PlexZyme).

One final point to make here is that labs don't BUY the equipment.  GSS supplies the equipment fully supported free of charge subject to the customer buying the reagents over a set period of time.  The broader the test/reagent menu one offers and that labs will use, the easier it is to amortize the cost of the equipment that you need to supply and support.

I suggest that you ask GSS management directly what their business model here is if you need further clarification.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
71.5¢
Change
-0.010(1.38%)
Mkt cap ! $153.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
72.0¢ 73.5¢ 71.5¢ $95.56K 131.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7355 71.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
73.5¢ 2223 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GSS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.