CCP 2.86% $16.17 credit corp group limited

Up $3, page-12

1. 4,242 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1233
    There is nothing earth-shattering in this post, I mainly wrote it while checking out a new laptop that replaces one that died on me three weeks ago, and it needed to be rejigged to default to my choice of date formats, Australian English and OpenOffice “Calc” an “Writer”.

There is a dated viewpoint at https://www.copyright link/companie...p-on-aussie-v-us-debt-chasing-20220804-p5b77j that I had not read before that made one comment that was novel to me. That is that folk in the USA are less inclined to identify themselves when telephoned, hence making it difficult to negotiate a settlement deal. In the longer term that is not a huge problem, because that would be factored into the price paid for the debt. For now we can be guided by Management “guidance” to inform us what the EPS is going to be.

Another issue that was not news to me is that CCP's customer demographic tends not to have mortgages, so rising mortgage payments is substantially a non-issue. On this, the words were, “Mr Beregi also told the Financial Review that rising Reserve Bank of Australia cash rates had not translated into an increase in collections work. Credit Corp clients generally do not have home mortgages, while unsecured lending interest rates, such as credit cards, do not “really change when [official] rates go down or up. . . The flip side was some competitors relied heavily on debt funding, which meant they faced higher borrowing costs to bid for slabs of debt ledgers, Mr Beregi said.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.