MSB 4.07% $1.15 mesoblast limited

Up up up down down down, page-64

1. 3,321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2857
    madamswer,
    This scenario still bothers me greatly, and in the context (your context) that shorting is good for the market...you know, stabilizes everything, achieves pricing accuracy.

So I thought I would throw the ball back to you; please do me a favour and fill in the gaps here.

(1) A few million shares were recalled. A holder who would need to be a large holder "decided" quite suddenly to recall a block of shares from a "loan pool". The loan pool shares were there for the express purpose of enabling shorting of MSB stock.
    (2) The recall one assumes came like a bolt from hell for someone. It precipitated a wave of short covering on market. I assume the large lender (above) was not totally ignorant of what might be the effect of the withdrawal - after all I think we can assume he is a professional player...you know, ear to the ground, all that sort of thing.
    (3) The short covering (buying) drove the share price up toward $5.88 in only a few days - thereby putting the original holder in lets say a a 30%+ better position on paper.
    HOW VERY CONVENIENT FOR HIM!!!!!!
    (4) Then on your theory, those same shares started hitting the ASX as sell orders. I didn't bother checking the trade volume yet - but I will. How very wonderful for the original holder who: got his 1% Judas margin you told us about by lending out shares in our company, then managed to accidentally precipitate a short covering bonanza - which he SOLD INTO!!!
    I don't suppose you could give us a clue to the seller identity.

Anyway maybe you were wrong.

Maybe the whole festering rotten thing is the best interests of the market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.15
Change
0.045(4.07%)
Mkt cap ! $1.313B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.08 $1.16 $1.08 $4.681M 4.170M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 99680 $1.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.16 31000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.