MSB 4.07% $1.15 mesoblast limited

Up up up down down down, page-65

1. 16,655 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8106
    Antibody,

i have no idea of the identity of the beneficial seller of the stock, nor the parties involved in the shorting.

but assuming your account is roughly accurate, it should please you to observe that, to the extent that the beneficial owner(s) of the shares benefited from the short squeeze, the party(ies) who held the short positions lost money.

but for the rest of investors it had no impact, other than a bit of an exciting ride: stock was bought by shorters, and then transferred to someone else who then presumably sold it. All that happened was a transfer of value from the shorter(s) to then beneficial owner(s) who induced - intentionally or accidentally - the short squeeze.

while I'm not 100% certain this is/was the case, but given the share price is back where it started, it could very well be.

this sort of thing does happen, if lenders of significant amount of stock are smart enough to bring about a short squeeze in this sort of fashion.

for lon-term shareholders it is a bit of a victimless crime, I would have thought.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.15
Change
0.045(4.07%)
Mkt cap ! $1.313B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.08 $1.16 $1.08 $4.681M 4.170M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 99680 $1.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.16 31000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.