IPR 0.00% 4.1¢ ipernica limited

up up up , page-18

1. 293 Posts.
    re: announcement for studs1980 < would this ann be because of the impending hearing in US on 17.1.07 >

"Can you elaborate on that"?

You have made me do some homework but that's OK. I have found it just now. Cheers!!

The Judge: "ordered that discovery be completed by 17 January 2007"

In June 2005, QPSX announced the initiation of a new litigation action against major global telecommunications companies Cisco, Lucent, Alcatel, Juniper Networks and Nortel Networks for breach of its United States Statistical Multiplexing (“Stat Mux”) patent. The Stat Mux patent claims a telecommunications apparatus and method used for managing traffic flow in large networks.

The litigation has been commenced by QPSX in the Eastern District of Texas (Marshall), claiming damages for unauthorised use of the technology and other remedies. QPSX is represented in the litigation by the prominent U.S. law firm Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.

On 21 December 2005, the Judge:

..... set a trial date of 2 April 2007;

.... "ordered that discovery be completed by 17 January 2007"

and.....

...... ordered that a ‘Markman’ hearing take place on 4 October 2006.

Markman hearings are pre-trial hearings at which a judge decides the interpretation of the claims of an asserted patent.

The Stat Mux technology covers a widely used methodology for ensuring that telecommunications switches and routers operate efficiently, in circumstances where the capacity of the switches or routers is threatened by an overflow of traffic. Invented by researchers in Western Australia in the early 1990’s, the Stat Mux Technology is relevant in Asynchronous Transfer Mode (“ATM”) protocol networks amongst others, which are prevalent in the majority of the telecommunications systems in the US.

In preparation for the Markman hearing and in compliance with the Judge’s scheduling orders, discovery is well underway and exchanges and inspection of other information and materials is progressing.

dj

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.