GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

SaturnV,Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. Bear in mind,...

1. BH!
    2,521 Posts.
    SaturnV,

Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. Bear in mind, however, that the chart I put up is a weekly one. Technically speaking, things can make progress for a few weeks, even though the techincals are deteriorating. A classic case in point is the original break of $US1,000 by gold.

However, there is a phenomenon going on over the past 10 years or so which I have rarely seen anyone comment on. It happens in virtually all markets, yet it's passing under the radar. It's the volume of transactions which occurs.

Volume has been increasing exponentially during the past 10 to 15 years. I believe it's a combination of the internet (allowing multi-jurisdiction and faster, more seamless trades) and the dominance of the leveraged punters (investment banks and hedge funds) over that time.

The result is that all elements of the market - from price, to volume, to technical indicators - have become more volatile as time has gone by.

So, is gold overbought? Or is it starting to move into a wider, more volatile range? I'd vote for the latter, because I think Heli Ben's move is an absolute game-changer.

The US, whether the know it or not, has just executed the $US as the world's reserve currency. It's now just a matter of "When", not "If".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.