AZY 8.00% 2.7¢ antipa minerals limited

Solid buying so far today ........MRE dropping in the next week...

1. 537 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 508
    Solid buying so far today wink.png........MRE dropping in the next week or so would be great timing re the Greatland Gold / Newmont deal murmurings.

On that note.....This morning "Directors Special" from Money of Mine mentioned those murmurings 3 times, if i'm a betting man, well i deal in probabilities i would say that tonight's podcast will possibly delve into that situation, 75 % chance............100% chance by the end of the week, this kind of stuff they love and have touched on the subject before, huge audience of mine loving investors.

On another note, and responding to @alexei ii...........i would suggest that the AZY shareholding and farm-in rights that Newmont have, would also be part of the deal. They are vitally important for the deal to stack up with optionality and are exceptionally valuable to the acquirer, so its a no brainer we would get a new substantial shareholder.

On that note, this little tidbit i found awhile ago and had to go looking for it again as it now becomes more relevant (I Think), don't take it as 100% accurate as i'm no lawyer, and it could have had amendments to it since, I just have not found them.

Way way back on the 28 February 2020, when Newcrest did the farm-in, and took a 9.9% stake in us there was another detail of interest

" The right but not the obligation for Newcrest to appoint a director to "Antipa's board"

Now there were conditions on % of holdings held and the right to top up due to share placements etc..

I won't list them here, you can go and read the original document, as it does get changed on the 24th September 2021 and now reads as follows
    (please read the whole orginal document " Change in mechanics of Newcrest's Director Appointment right"

Now here is the snippet i find interesting

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6448/6448051-a90be0d0484bd9f6f0eaf5da525351f4.jpg

Now if i'm reading that right, Newcrest could have easily appointed someone as a Director, but probably due to covid, then getting taken over etc i guess was never a priority.

I'm guessing that the new owner of Newmont's holding in AZY may certainly take advantage of that detail promptly. I hope we have not let the fox in the Hen House, if so i hope the fox is a vegetarian type.

Now i may have misinterpreted the situation, or it may have changed, feel free to enlighten me if you have a different view after reading the appropriate articles.

May be nothing

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
0.002(8.00%)
Mkt cap ! $128.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.9¢ 2.5¢ $1.246M 46.75M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 5540046 2.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.8¢ 6436002 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.