PLS 2.96% $4.18 pilbara minerals limited

Upcoming DFS & BOAs

1. 1,184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Figured I'd create a new thread with a decent title, and not started by a naysayer or someone trying to slag the company and/or lithium sector to try and push the price down for their own benefit, purely because the price at the moment is 'too expensive for them' - says who?

We are weeks if not days away from another BOA, as our first one showed to be quite substantial in terms of offtake and future company expansion... what can we expect for the rest?

I thought I'd repost @ozblue 's moderated post... as apparently the mods dont want PLS to fill the 'top 5 most liked'

Anyway, make of it what you will... but it paints a pretty picture. Especially if you consider HSBC's recent bullish report on EV's and lithium batteries.

"One of the members of the email group is a young University student that I've been helping with a few stockmarket terms and some of the terminology used in the company reports. It turns out he is fluent in Chinese so I asked him if he could check a few aspects of our customers from our first BOA. He then went ahead and spent a few hours doing some research, so I'm really happy with what he found out and so is he!!!
    Basically while GLC is not a household name in the lithium world, their largest customer Tinci is well known and Tinci have been getting 61% of their spodumene for conversion from Rockwood (Albermarle) and getting it converted by GLC.
    "After those processing, the final party that they sold to was Hunan Shan Shan"

"I read that they are the largest supplier of final form of lithium(pretty sure it means when’s its ready to be made into batteries and so on?) And they have contracts with sony and Samsung. AND BOOM! Mercedes Benz AND PANASONIC。 Guess I don’t have to go further already. So GLC has all the connection there."

and for those that can read Chinese, I got nowhere in the english version....
    http://www.shanshan.com/en/stations/5294171107fen/index.php/5296a09f07f

I've mentioned earlier there are a lot of very impressive people in the email group, and researching this is just fantastic!!

also in terms of price rises
    "Tinci issued a statement on April 14th saying LIPF6 and LCE priced rised rapidly causing its margin to increase.( which raised 350% since 2015 Octorber due to the demand in EV). They have invested in those processing plants, LCE, LiPF6 including LiFSI(apparently it’s a new type of it) They mentioned downstream processing have resulted from higher margin. Tinci said that they supply to China, Japan and Korea, China being the majority."

We all know Tianqi and Albermarle have told all there customers that they are not going to be supplying lithium from 2017, so Tinci via GLC were really desperate to find a new source of spodumene, and it looks like we are it!! They are also keen to expand, hence the agreement for the JV. It sounds like a much better deal than it first looked, especially with the price rises to their customers."

Thanks again Ozblue, your efforts are appreciated by all.

JP

PS. Dont respond to the baiters, just report them and move on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.18
Change
0.120(2.96%)
Mkt cap ! $12.58B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.13 $4.20 $4.11 $86.61M 20.81M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 1408666 $4.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.19 165878 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.18
  Change
0.120 ( 3.20 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.12 $4.20 $4.12 4580071
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.