AVR 0.58% $19.00 anteris technologies ltd

Upcoming Immunotherapies Deal (???)

1. 13,913 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 124
    Now that a potential immunotherapy deal is potentially on the cards (dunno if it was such a good idea WP talked the deal up given the propensity for timelines to be pushed out by counter-parties), I thought it worthwhile we revisit information that was previously provided in company releases and I think the last Patersons report.

HPV Head and Neck Candidate Preclinical Results

Just a refresher on the pre-clinical mouse model results for our HPV head and neck candidate.

In TC-1 tumour model, our candidate produced 100% survival & 87.5% (7/8) had no detectable tumours after 50 days.  In comparison, a competitor candidate (ADX-HPV vaccine) produced 0% survival after 50 days.  Adding a checkpoint inhibitor to this competitor candidate, this survival rate only increased to 20%.

http://clients2.weblink.com.au/clients/admedus/article.asp?asx=AHZ&view=6700912

In 2015, Medimmune subsequently partnered with Advaxis (the company who owns the above competitor candidate) to combine Medimmune's checkpoint inhibitor (Durvalumab) with Advaxis' ADX-HPV vaccine.  Financial details of the tie-up is not known.  The Phase 2 trial is ongoing.

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/partn...-a-growing-roster-of-immuno-oncology-partners

Other HPV Head and Neck Candidate Deals

A couple of weeks after the above deal was announced, Medimmune announced a further tie up with Inovio's HPV vaccine candidate which was at the Phase I/II stage (1b/2a).  Couldnt find mouse results for Inovio's HPV vaccine to compare it to our results above unfortunately.  The deal was to combine Medimmune's checkpoint inhibitor (Durvalumab) with Inovio's candidate.

This deal included an upfront of $27.5 million, plus $700 million in milestone payments and double-digit royalties on sales.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/deals/...27m-to-get-its-hands-on-inovio-cancer-vaccine

Observations & Extrapolations

1. Okay, our preclinical results were clearly better than Advaxis, and Advaxis managed to tie up with Medimmune (subsidiary of Astrazeneca).  So, thats a tick for us.

2.  Inovio managed to get a great out-licensing deal for a relatively early stage candidate.  So, that's another tick for us.

3.  From the AGM, the words used by WP sorta implies the possibility of a capital injection or a candidate out-license.  I havent seen many examples of the former but plenty of the latter.

4.  If its a capital injection, is it a health fund or Big Pharma?  Re the former, I think it highly unlikely a fund like the Gates Foundation would be involved as our candidate doesnt neatly fit in with their core funding priorities.  Re the latter, if Big Pharma takes equity in Ademdus Immunotherapies that sorta means they commit to the odd coupling of immunoncology and herpes?

5.  If the deal is an out-license, its more than likely that our HPV candidate will be tied up with a checkpoint inhibitor (like the deals above) by Big Pharma so what happens to poor herpes?

6.  I take it any money generated from a potential deal goes straight to Admedus Immunotherapies and is completely quarantined from Mothership Admedus.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.00
Change
0.110(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $365.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.01 $19.11 $18.59 $97.55K 5.216K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 43 $19.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.50 21 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.