AVR 1.91% $18.00 anteris technologies ltd

I just cant see the rationale behind a non-Big Pharma being...

1. 13,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 124
    I just cant see the rationale behind a non-Big Pharma being involved in any deal. They may have the financial resources (big maybe) but I seriously doubt they have the expertise to take our candidates through late stage clinical trials and all the way to market.

WP has in the past hinted he's keen on HPV vaccines and them being teamed up with checkpoint inhibitors. Stands to reason a likely partner is one with a checkpoint inhibitor. And that Admedus will retain equity that doesnt cost them any money from this point forward.

If a likely partner does take on full responsibility for funding development, then maybe an upfront payment (if there is one) may be paid as a dividend from Admedus Immunotherapies to Admedus but I thought the idea of a deal was to make Admedus Immunotherapies financially independent e.g. its most like HPV will be out-licensed and any incoming funds will be used to advance herpes a bit further so a deal can be made later on.

Just on a side note. The deal I mentioned secured by Inovio for their HPV vaccine is in the same $$ ballpark that Neuren Pharma shareholders are expecting for their drug (unrelated to HPV of course). That expectation has pushed Neuren's market cap to over $300 million. Go figure!!!

I have witnessed some huge pre-clinical deals over the last couple of years and I have always wondered why Big Pharma havent beaten down Ian Fraser's doors. For the record, I reckon Ian Fraser & his dead buddy deserve a Nobel Prize for his HPV work.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.00
Change
-0.350(1.91%)
Mkt cap ! $341.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.36 $18.47 $17.55 $176.9K 9.867K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 155 $18.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.29 550 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.