NEU 0.39% $15.26 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

upcoming news to look forward to..., page-4

1. 2,651 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 437
    with regards to (12), the Perseis update will hopefully include a corrected replication of results originally announced in May last year.

These results had problems due to an issue with the control, which as far as I understand would have acted to suppress/ reduce a positive trial result. Obviously it also has the effect of reducing your trust in the statistics of the results as presented...

Here's the original text from the xenograft trial ann:

"Of the two monoclonal antibodies we tested one, referred to as TFF1.4, resulted in a statistically significant reduction in tumor volume (approximately 35%) compared to a vehicle control as well as 3-fold higher survival at the end of the experiment."

OK so this is good, right? But:

"A technical error on the part of a supplier resulted in our using an antibody directed against a known cancer target which meant that it was biologically active and not a true control. TFF1.4 outperformed that antibody but the study will need to be repeated to measure TFF1.4 effect against a true control."

So in other words, you would hope that, if TFF1.4 outperfromed a biologically active antibody, it should outperform a true control.

While I would never predict any experiment as a "sure thing", you would rate the replication of this study as having a high probability of success.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.26
Change
-0.060(0.39%)
Mkt cap ! $1.954B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.10 $15.39 $15.04 $3.051M 200.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 58 $15.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.27 159 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.56pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.