RHK 6.96% 73.5¢ red hawk mining limited

Will throw my two bobs worth ino_O No doubt most minority...

1. 2,855 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1475
    Will throw my two bobs worth in
    No doubt most minority holders still unhappy with infrastructure deal being passed.
    I now take the pragmatic view that majority have spoken (Ok, OCJ!!) and must now look at what I can salvage from this long time investment. Regardless of how anyone feels about the deal structure there has to be some intrinsic value in our 40% ownership of PIOP (or even royalty) and the market hopefully will value the deal without the history or ingrained doubts about what our majority shareholders may or may not do. (I presume most have reset their own value expectations!)
    I am hoping that once all systems go FMS SP can rise in line with expectations which is much greater than current SP and will (for me) trigger an exit decision (take the money and run!).
    Dividends or Royaltys are a step further and certainly have some issues which Supercat is referring to. In saying that many of the risks involved with the deal are not uncommon so fresh shareholders may take a different view to our jaded eyes.
    As for FIRB, I believe if this was rejected it would pose a serious problem for us.
    Difficult to see where else the capital would come from in the short term.
    It is true that the ore is still in the ground however we may be faced with starting the whole journey over again, perhaps with Todd having new partners or a whole new ownership regime altogether. Perhaps an extension of the State agreement as requested may give them more time to find a plan "b" partner (doubt it) however presumably if Chinese knocked back it would need to be Australian or with some conditions more favourable to Australia’s interests?
    This would be a serious and possibly damaging decision in the Aus mining industry!
    Unfortunately, benevolent investors at this end of the market are few and far between.
    PIOP would once again be rated a stranded reserve and the merry go round just starts again, of course with no doubt a further collapse in our SP.
    I really can't see how FIRB will be knocked back on this deal, although there may be some serious hoops to jump through.
    Declining this deal would be a major shot across the bows to one of our largest infrastructure investors and trade partners at a time when the Government (and Govs all round the world) will be looking for as many new developments as possible to fire up economies. Government will be conscious of a serious balancing act. (Would certainly make for interesting times)
    From my point of view, the deal is done and I would much prefer we are able to just move on and try and get some value back into FMS which will be an opportunity to exit and leave the “windfall” or “heartache” to others..........................(which I must say I hope is sooner than later)
    Just my own jumbled thoughts.....................
    Last edited by pe981: 23/04/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
73.5¢
Change
-0.055(6.96%)
Mkt cap ! $146.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
79.0¢ 79.0¢ 72.0¢ $911 1.174K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 24905 73.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
82.0¢ 337 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.51pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RHK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.