RRL 6.69% $1.92 regis resources limited

update on flooding, page-78

1. 218 Posts.
    Well well, read all your posts from bullish to bearish ones. I have to agree with metric rrl shouldnt place call options ,they are allowed but as a mining co they need to stick to either forward sell hedging of their gold.seems the 1400call sell wasnt warranted as it closes with a buy order or delivery of 50k oz imm on that maturity date..they were hedging the previous forward flat hedges to cater for any price mvts...bad move.. U just place forward hedges sell of your gold and live with the price..good hedge anyway for 150k oz @ 1400aud .. The change either up or down is just life you live with ..the best is to hedge against your costs @ 900 oz is good since 500margin maintained for shareholders.the 50k bet sell call was just bad unless gold drops but thr not derivative traders..gold sellers..imo its now on my radar .. Sad to see sp drop but gold never does well june to aug anyway so xpecting a negative slope nw.. Tho good costs 900 oz is lovely...the reaction is warranted in sp drop coz 330k *500margin=165m EbIT then admin costs and hedgin losses i'd say 45m off (tho will download their reports and be specific) =120m less tax =87mill Earnings /500m share thats around 15 to 20cents eps..i dnt want to annoy you but most goldie are trading less than 10* E so 1 to 1.5 will be a target price for 2014 dec .imo .for rrl at the way goldies are out of favour.tho id xpect them to pay nice div ..and no problems ...and hold waiting for gold to rush. upwards and all goldies to trade over 10*E....its a good company with low cost.good mgt, and im gonna keep on it buy when earnings season end in july., i doubt gold will last @ 1300usd oz with dow jones staring @ 17000 ...id xpect gold to slip a bit ..S&P rebalancing will push the sp down as well tax selling ... 1 dollar is a possibity this winter... I knw investors dont like it but the guidance and sp just tells you what the market thinks... U need 2 ple to change the sp price not all holders.... Nevertheless its a splendid goldie... Nst is too overrated trading at way abv 20*E and would rather buy this at low pe wait for a disaster ,war or whales that spooks markets and have gold up again..sadly this yr most goldies will trade below 10times earning if they are posting profits at all...sentiment helps..no doubt LT play. jst monitor for now.. I noticed the march comments @ 2.5.... Trade carefully dont be too bullish thinkin your thoughts are markets as well.. Hope they forward hedge a few onces ,no call sell options Pliz.... costs are known, only defend margins. 1400 isnt a bad forward sell price at all .. Dyor . Illl dig deep into this one this weekend.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.92
Change
0.120(6.69%)
Mkt cap ! $1.446B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.88 $1.92 $1.87 $14.41M 7.572M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10157 $1.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.92 165950 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.