GCN 0.00% 0.7¢ goconnect limited

update on priority one/gcn corporate developme, page-23

1. 8,510 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 804
    Miranda1

Yes, I do sort of agree with you that: "When the deal is completed they will inform us. That will be news worthy and relevant. Would you not agree?"

However my view of things is rather more radical.

I have in the past argued that GCN should just quietly get on with its negotiations and deals, and only announce these deals when they are in place and ready to earn revenue.

It is GCN and P1 that raise hopes by specifying expected dates. Yet when the deals are not in place, they don't update us. The P1 listing is a case in point. Hopes were raised in investors minds that the P1 shares would be listed before the end of 2011.

Turning to yesterday's announcement, the P1 shares are not listed, yet GCN chooses to go to the bother of telling us that the statements have been distributed. Big deal. People knew that already. It is listing that people want to know about now. Yet listing does not even warrant a mention - in an announcement that was being made anyway. No new bombardment, surely?

Curiously we both agree about the ASX not being bombarded with announcements. In my case it is not being bombarded with premature announcements about GCN's ordinary business dealings. In your case it is not being bombarded with revisions to expected dates of these ordinary business dealings. I hope I haven't misrepresented your position.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GCN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.