GCN 0.00% 0.7¢ goconnect limited

update on priority one/gcn corporate developme, page-26

1. 294 Posts.
    jefferies 2 in answering your question about the P1 listing date. It was hoped that the listing would have occured lat 2011. That was the intention.
    Unfortunately the accounting firm took much longer than what was anticipated.Many times the document went back and forth for clarification.
    This is the danger when a company gives dates about certain events. The delay was not their doing. It was out of their hands, blame the firm doing the valuation if you like.
    You ask them to provide news which they did in relation to the listing date. As you say hopes were raised that it would occur before the end of 2011.
    Circumstances changed all that. Hopefully GCN has learnt from this lesson. Too much information can be dangerous.
    It can come back and bite you.
    I would prefer companies say less and just come with the news when everything is signed, sealed and delivered.
    Therefore people would not have the ammunition to throw back at them because they haven't delivered on time.
    Now you want GCN to tell you the listing date. As you say that is what people want to know.
    Again we are creating a situation that could prove to be a fruitless exercise. If they come out tomorrow and say P1 will list on the last week in Feb and something should happen to delay it you will be the first one to lay
    critiscm on their door step.
    Personally I would hope they tell us one week in advance when everying is as I said earlier signed, sealed and delivered.
    Delivering company news is a balancing act. On one hand you want to keep shareholders informed and on the other, you are hoping that by making these announcements things out of left field don't suddenly appear and make the company look stupid and incompetent.
    Not easy running a company. As a broker I was able to see it from the other side of the fence and not just see it as a shareholder.
    When dealing with third parties nothing is ever as simple as it seems.
    Trust me on this, nobody wants to succeed more that the people running both GCN and P1.
    Given time I believe they will.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GCN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.