BOT 7.04% 38.0¢ botanix pharmaceuticals ltd

I rarely speak but this thread is a little ridiculous and needs...

1. 160 Posts.
    I rarely speak but this thread is a little ridiculous and needs a little analytical substance. Has anyone read the announcement properly? IMHO, stating we are conducting trials for a product we now have no association with is just ignorant.

Firstly we have delayed results as the lab didn't get things done correctly, which is at their cost, and in our best interest if we want half a chance at success. The results we already known as being delayed, so this is no shock. These guys wouldn't have bothered delaying results if there wasn't the prospect of getting the company a better outcome, so be glad someone didn't let this one past the gatekeeper.

Most importantly from the announcement, it sounds pretty clear that they aren't throwing in the towel on BN006, but are in fact moving their focus to it based on results, and notably to save shareholder wealth. Note the words "under the current structure".

I believe they intend to discuss BN006 without CaPTHymone (and anything else not needed) in the licensing arrangement, and without using the Proxima Group directly. In other words, using one of their subsidiaries to handle BN006 only pending results and negotiation of new terms.

From the announcement:

"Bone has concluded that it is not in the commercial interests of the Company or its shareholders to continue with the Proxima Group under the current structure.

Bone is in discussions with one of the Group’s subsidiary companies to obtain some interest in BN006 pending the outcome of the current studies and the parties agreeing terms acceptable to Bone."

It likely would cost Bone more to keep on with Proxima as the head if they are only interested in BN006. Under a renegotiated agreement for just one product the deal will be "tailored" to suit the best interests of both parties assuming mutually acceptable terms.

We are all taking a fairly large hit, but IMO waiting on the results before making any calls appears to be the only sane course of action. Time will tell, GLTA.

Dr. G

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.0¢
Change
0.025(7.04%)
Mkt cap ! $687.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.5¢ 38.0¢ 36.0¢ $3.158M 8.589M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 141840 37.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.0¢ 135173 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.